Fuel Pump Vacuum Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
J
Last seen
I bought a '55 Thunderbird and the fuel pump has 2 vacuum lines on top and they are capped. It's a new fuel pump and it's not picking up gas from the gas tank. I'm wondering if the capped vacuum lines are causing the problem. Or should I be looking for something else. Thanks JoAnn

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I bought a '55 Thunderbird and the fuel pump has 2 vacuum lines on top and they are capped. It's a new fuel pump and it's not picking up gas from the gas tank. I'm wondering if the capped vacuum lines are causing the problem. Or should I be looking for something else. Thanks JoAnn
These two vacuum lines at the top of the pump have to do with your windshield wiper motor which is vacuum operated. I would suggest you look elsewhere probably the line running to your new pump.

I have a 57 that I'm putting back together. I've replaced the vacuum motor on wipers with electric. Does Joey46's response mean both the vacuum line connections from the top of the fuel pump now don't serve any purpose?

I have a 57 that I'm putting back together. I've replaced the vacuum motor on wipers with electric. Does Joey46's response mean both the vacuum line connections from the top of the fuel pump now don't serve any purpose?
The vacuum line on the top of the fuel pump not only supplies vacuum to the wiper motor, it also supplies vacuum to the heater control valve. After the rubber hose from the fuel pump passes through the firewall, under the dash a “T” fitting is installed which supplies vacuum to the heater vacuum control valve inside the heater chamber.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back