Fuel Pressure

MisterRoy
Last seen
Good afternoon Thunderbird enthusiasts! I am the owner of a 2002 Lincolns LS V8 and I am having an issue. My car is having an extended crank when warm and I am having a hard time getting to the root. However, in my investigation I've become curious about fuel pressure. For anyone who knows, what is your operating fuel pressure? Alldata has the pressure anywhere from 39-65 psi. I am running at 39-41 while driving. Seems kinda low but since we share the same motors and specs, I wanted some input from y'all.

Thank you!

MisterRoy

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

SECTION 310-00: Fuel System — General Information
2002 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual
SPECIFICATIONS
Procedure revision date: 05/17/2001
General Specifications
Item Specification
Fuel tank capacity 68 liters (18 gal.)
Engine running fuel pressure 207-308 kPa (30-65 psi)
Key on, engine off fuel pressure 207-380 kPa (30-65 psi)
SAE 5W30 Motor Oil XO-5W30-QSP WSS-M2C153-G

Thanks, Gus. I don't know if the AllData information is updated or the information that you provided is updated, but Alldata has 39-65 psi for fuel pressure for the LS and the T-Bird. I was also looking to see if anyone knows what their own car is driving at. I have an extended crank (4-7 seconds) when hot condition and I am trying to diagnose. I've ruled out the injectors as there is no fuel smell or stumbling when the car starts after the extended crank.

Thanks!

MisterRoy

Mine is at 49 and I am wondering what it should be so this helps, Thanks!

Back