Fuel line replacement 57

valhalla 4771

valhalla 4771

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Is there a trick to replacing the midpoint- of -frame -to -rear fuel line? Same question for the midpoint of frame to rear brake line. I mean a trick other than taking the body off the frame....I ‘ve already taken out a second mortgage to get to this point of the restoration.

Is there a trick to replacing the midpoint- of -frame -to -rear fuel line? Same question for the midpoint of frame to rear brake line. I mean a trick other than taking the body off the frame....I ‘ve already taken out a second mortgage to get to this point of the restoration.
To the best of my hearsay knowledge the body needs to be raised to change the brake line. The fuel line as I remember runs outside the frame as I installed an inline electric fuel pump.
good luck, J.

To the best of my hearsay knowledge the body needs to be raised to change the brake line. The fuel line as I remember runs outside the frame as I installed an inline electric fuel pump.
good luck, J.
Cut the line into two pieces. The addition of an extra flared fitting back there is not a big deal.

should you use pipe tape on the thread only fittings such as the elbow going into the fuel pump or keep them dry? They do make tape for use on fuel connections. I'm replacing my fuel pump soon as soon as a rebuilt unit is available.

should you use pipe tape on the thread only fittings such as the elbow going into the fuel pump or keep them dry? They do make tape for use on fuel connections. I'm replacing my fuel pump soon as soon as a rebuilt unit is available.
Never mind. Flipping the wrench many times I got the connections tight on the line from the pump to the frame line. Time to take the wife for a cruise. I can wait 'til a new pump is available.

I just replaced all of my brake lines, and did not have to raise the body at all. The fuel line runs down the outside of the driver's side of the frame, and is secured to the frame with little pull-out clips. The new fuel line I received that runs down the side of the frame was in two pieces, with a junction in front of the rear wheel. Good luck!

Back