fuel line 1960 TBird 352

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
CHUCK300

CHUCK300

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
The fuel line from the tank to fuel pump has no gas in it. I can blow air into thr line and will get gas flowing. I can start the car, but it will only run fora few minutes. Fuel pump seems to be ok. could have clogged fuel tank. Please help!

possibly a clogged / dirty fuel filter? I would suspect that before I would think it's blocked in the fuel tank.

Before you go to far in taking thing apart remove the gas cap and see if the motor runs. It might be the wrong cap which would be an easy fix.............

blowing air into line back into tank? if so then basically pressurizing the tank so as captrick said remove filler cap see if fuel flows. you did not mention if when fuel started flowing if small air bubble also came out along with gas ... if so then you could also have a pin hole rotted in the fuel pick up unit also so it sucks air instead of fuel and because fuel pump doesn't draw a large volume per stroke it cant get the suction needed to pick up fuel. so if car has sat for any length of time and removing gas cap doesnt make a difference then i would also look at a pin hole or air leakage somewhere in pick up

I have a 1960 352 and need a fuel filter. The ford number is COAE-9155-A and several manufactures used to make this filter. They are all obsolete. Is there a reducer made to change the thread size to a filter that is now made. Does anyone know the thread size of the outlet for this filter? Thanks for any information.

Last edited:
The fuel line from the tank to fuel pump has no gas in it. I can blow air into thr line and will get gas flowing. I can start the car, but it will only run fora few minutes. Fuel pump seems to be ok. could have clogged fuel tank. Please help!
The pick up and fuel gage float are accessible through a plate in the trunk, under all the matting. See if you can gain access to the pick up screen, sounds like it might be picking up a lot of debris from tank and getting clogged, blow out fuel line from tank end. You also have a plug (very small) on the tank and maybe can flush out tank through plug and trunk access to avoid tank removal. I did this and stripped housing for the plug, ended up have to remove the tank, dry it out and resolver the plug housing to reseat the plug, hopefully you have better luck. Old cars are like old women, cranky and in need of a lot of tic.

This post was started on March 8, 2017, I would hope that CHUCK300 has corrected his fuel problem after all this time. It would have been nice to know what he found.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Back