Ford Thunderbird convertible top electronic relays 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966

Can anyone give me a place to buy new electronics to replace the relays f my convertible

1962 convertible top stows correctly and the deck lid closes, however when I raise the deck lid, the top activates at the same time and hits the deck lid , I"ve pulled my hair out trying to solve this by disconneting
and adjusting all the limit switches, even cleaned the. limit switches to no avail. has anyone had this problem? NEED HELP - One thing I did do is disconnect the top limit switch and that stops the top from
coming up but when I reconnect it the problem reoccurs - I have the Top Manual and went thru the wiring diagram and everything is correct - can someone help?

1962 convertible top stows correctly and the deck lid closes, however when I raise the deck lid, the top activates at the same time and hits the deck lid , I"ve pulled my hair out trying to solve this by disconneting
and adjusting all the limit switches, even cleaned the. limit switches to no avail. has anyone had this problem? NEED HELP - One thing I did do is disconnect the top limit switch and that stops the top from
coming up but when I reconnect it the problem reoccurs - I have the Top Manual and went thru the wiring diagram and everything is correct - can someone help?
I had the same problem with my 64 but it was intermittent. Spoke with John Draxler and then fixed the problem by replacing both of my deck lid switches at the base of the hydraulic cylinders. As these switches get older they do not stay closed throughout the full range of movement that they are supposed to. The internals of the switch should be rebuilt or the switches replaced. Just an FYI, if you cannot find NOS switches you may have to modify the plate the switch mounts to unless someone sells the switches with the mounting plate.

Back