Floor pan replacement cost? 1955 thunderbird

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
C

Clous

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Can anyone give me a estimate of the cost on replacing my floor pan? The driver side is totally rotted. I don’t weld. I’m just a chic wanting to fix this problem. Some shops are quoting me 5k. I have a friend who welds. I want it done right but some of these shop are ridiculous way too expensive and this is just a car to have fun and enjoy. Is not a restoration project! .

Can anyone give me a estimate of the cost on replacing my floor pan? The driver side is totally rotted. I don’t weld. I’m just a chic wanting to fix this problem. Some shops are quoting me 5k. I have a friend who welds. I want it done right but some of these shop are ridiculous way too expensive and this is just a car to have fun and enjoy. Is not a restoration project! .
Hi,
Congratulations on getting your T-Bird. Welcome to the world of old cars. There really isn't a good answer to your question. The cost of repair depends on several variables. Were I in your position, I would go to a local car show or cruise night and ask several of the other car owners, with cars like yours (metal bodied) about rot repairs to their cars. Old car owners love to talk about what they have done to their cars. Ask them who they have used for rot repairs and who does reasonable work in your area. Show those shops your car, if possible, or at least good pictures of the rotted area and get an agreement on what they think needs to be done to fix your problem. You should emphasize that you want it fixed, not restored.
Get three estimates (remember they will be estimates - few will firm price the work) and award the work to the shop you feel most comfortable with. In my experience projects like this usually cost more and take longer than what is initially expected. Smaller, "hot-rod" shops as opposed to" insurance repair shops" will probably be your best bet.
Good Luck,

Doug

Thanks you J, and Doug. This makes me feel hopeful. I will definitely go to a couple of shows here in Phoenix soon. I hope I find the right person for my job. I know I will be spending some money fixing this issue but at least I will have a better ideas on how to proceed.

Thank you!

Back