external air temperature display problem

PhilD
Last seen
Today drove my 2002 TBird out of the garage as as I looked down I saw the outside air temp display start to go down, as it went below sixty I started to get concerned, it finally hit -25F, wow thats cold considering we are at over 70 here today in Arizona.

Anyone else have this happen, anyone know where the ambient air sensor is located?

I will check the dash as I did have the stereo out recently to sort out a little hiccup so maybe its that end, otherwise its the sensor. It unfortunately never ends with these cars, always something strange to look into.

Thank in advance if anyone has an answer.

Today drove my 2002 TBird out of the garage as as I looked down I saw the outside air temp display start to go down, as it went below sixty I started to get concerned, it finally hit -25F, wow thats cold considering we are at over 70 here today in Arizona.

Anyone else have this happen, anyone know where the ambient air sensor is located?

I will check the dash as I did have the stereo out recently to sort out a little hiccup so maybe its that end, otherwise its the sensor. It unfortunately never ends with these cars, always something strange to look into.

Thank in advance if anyone has an answer.

It was -25C here last night, and closer to -40 C/F with the windchill. That's why we leave our 'Birds in storage through the winter in these parts.

No I removed the stereo to get to the wires and one of the connectors at the back had somehow come loose. I removed both connectors to perhaps reset it but its stuck reading 50F right now. Will be using it tomorrow so will see what it does but that was the problem just loose connector. I'm now hoping its not screwed up the unit, checked the manual and there is no listing on a possible reset so will hope it gets itself back together.

No I removed the stereo to get to the wires and one of the connectors at the back had somehow come loose. I removed both connectors to perhaps reset it but its stuck reading 50F right now. Will be using it tomorrow so will see what it does but that was the problem just loose connector. I'm now hoping its not screwed up the unit, checked the manual and there is no listing on a possible reset so will hope it gets itself back together.
I'm assuming you disconnected the battery for at least 30 minutes after you play with any wiring?

Back