Engine Oil Flush?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Wondering if it is recommended to add a quart of engine oil chemical flush to my 1955 T-Bird 292 engine? I just got the car and I am sure there is sludge build up in there and am thinking of flushing out the engine. Is this a good or bad idea? :confused: Thanks.

Wondering if it is recommended to add a quart of engine oil chemical flush to my 1955 T-Bird 292 engine? I just got the car and I am sure there is sludge build up in there and am thinking of flushing out the engine. Is this a good or bad idea? :confused: Thanks.
I ran a can of seafood in my 64.below is what my heads looked like before. Ran car about 100 miles then change oil out heads and Valles springs look brand new, mind you the car will smoke with sea foam in it till you change oil out. But so far not one problem

Attachments

• 20200428_205025.jpg
    20200428_205025.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200428_205022.jpg
    20200428_205022.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Is there a problem with the engine (uneven compression, burning oil, etc.)? If there is, I would think flushing the crankcase could make it worse and it's probably time to diagnose the problem, tear it down and rebuild it as needed. If it is running OK and there isn't a problem, then leave well enough alone would be my recommendation. I'm a fan though of converting to synthetic oil all other things being equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back