Dome and map lights not working

C

Connelly698

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a 2005 Ford Thunderbird. The door interior lights come on when I open the door under the dash but the one across the windshield header does not. The map light on the driver side works intermittently in the passenger side map light when I turn it on all the lights come on dim this does not make any sense to me can anyone offer any suggestions.

Connelly, the problems that you describe are usually attributed to some type of ground fault. Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with these cars to suggest where to look except in the trunk at the battery ground. Even a small amount of corrosion/dirt will wreak havoc with all the little lights while not necessarily affecting anything else. Take off the ground wire and clean/polish the terminal end and the grounding surface thoroughly. Do the positive terminal as well. If that doesn't fix it, wait for advice from someone smarter than I. It won't be long. :)

Dim lights indicate a ground fault. Top trim would need to be removed to access.It didn’t appear to me that the bulbs are serviceable.

I have a 2005 Ford Thunderbird. The door interior lights come on when I open the door under the dash but the one across the windshield header does not. The map light on the driver side works intermittently in the passenger side map light when I turn it on all the lights come on dim this does not make any sense to me can anyone offer any suggestions.
Did you ever resolve this issue?

Back