Colored dash lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quickdraw

Quickdraw

2004 Member of the Year
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Forgive me but I haven't seen my Bird dash lights for several months. What color is the tach and speedo background? The attached photo is an after-market option for the Lincoln LS. The background is white and it has a switch that changes the color from various greens to blues. The cost isn't much (about $50) but I guess installation is tricky. If anyone is interested in the mod I'll dig out more info on it. This photo is the blue setting.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Originally posted by Quickdraw
Forgive me but I haven't seen my Bird dash lights for several months. What color is the tach and speedo background?

Quick,
get that bird out of hibernation already!!!! 70 degrees by Thursday, I'd say it's top down time. The speedo and tach background is white during the day with black numbers, but at night it appears black and the numbers appear white

Quickdraw, I see from your pic that the 02s have a gas mileage calculator. If it is on the 03s, I can't find it anywhere. Isn't mentioned in the manual. That's one option I wish they had left in tact.

mileage computer

if that gas mileage or trip computer is there on a 2002...I don't ever remember seeing it and I drive my car daily..

Flair

Sorry guys, I haven't found red or yellow dash lights yet....

Kathe, This weekend looks like it!!!!!!!!!!!! Its going to be what - 70-75 degrees? Now if the rain only stays away.... Our speedo face is white? If so it must be easier to color the dials red or any other color than buying and installing that kit. I don't suppose the dash is lit by fiber optics and you could just change a bulb or two at a central location?

trpar,
That dash is a Lincoln LS but its almost identical to ours.

It is 7 AM here.....I am going to my rented storage space to take my top off!!!!! yippppeeeee! driving home from work today topless :D :D :D

Originally posted by loochie
It is 7 AM here.....I am going to my rented storage space to take my top off!!!!! yippppeeeee! driving home from work today topless :D :D :D

Congratulatons! It has been topless weather here for a while now, but I will put the top on for the worst of the summer when it is too hot at midnight to be topless. I need to see her with her yellow bonnet on once in a while also.

Quickdraw, do you have to change all the bulbs in the dash ?...It would look really nice on my '02 blue 'Bird, it's almost the same color!!
You mention "aftermarket" in your post...Does that mean that it is not a genuine Ford product?...If not, who makes this?...If yes, can you describe a little more what's needed and a few part #'s?...
Thank you!..
Claude :)

No, its not a genuine Ford product... its something my car club is selling. Lets see if this composite screen capture is readable....

Last edited:
That doesn't look too good... let me upload the three seperate captures...

Last edited:
and finally... for anyone interested PM me and I'll send you the email address to get more info and installation instructions.

Last edited:
I did something like this before, and liked the effect...the one thing I noticed last night, is that there is ALOT of green lights all over the dash, so not sure how the contrasting color would look.

Sure does take alot to get loochie topless. BTW, I just got back from a cruise down lakeshore drive and through the loop...77 and sunny...life is good

Sure does take alot to get loochie topless. BTW, I just got back from a cruise down lakeshore drive and through the loop...77 and sunny...life is good

I'm going to get mine tonight from my mother-in-laws garage. She looked in on it today and reports it COVERED with lady bugs. I have a car cover on it & hope none got inside....

So, how's it look Harry? Do you now own a polka-dotted T-Bird? LOL...:D

Brad,

I don't know about the CAI but the members that have installed it swear by it... I can put you in touch with some of them if you wish...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back