Status
Not open for further replies.
stevedaphotoman

stevedaphotoman

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Last edited by a moderator:
same site but different price seems odd https://shop.carropacific.com/products/17120

Yes, I found 3 book marks is on my old ipad and each one had a different price with $70 being the most recent.. Also, I thought it was wierd the site said professional installation.. As i understand it it’s just 3m double stick foam tape holding them on.. I also always thought that you had to pull the taillight to install but others who have them said it was the double stick foam tape.. I have had troubled with double stick tape before.. My wife had to come down stairs with a scissors to cut me loose once or twice.. :rolleyes:

I bought mine way back when. Pretty sure that they were less than $100. They are the 3M tape and no need to remove the lights. Still attached as well as day one. Every now and then I consider taking them off. My daughter always talks me out of it. She gets the car when I’m gone so I haven’t done it.

I pretty much feel the same way, but in this case I have torch red bird and the red tail lights just blend in.. That’s why I also thought if the bezels were black that may be cool also.

I have a black TBird and I saw a one recently that partially painted his headlights and tailights. Don't care for the weird rear spoiler he's got, but I do look like the painted lights to match the vehicle color. Though I wonder if that has any kind of endurance applying paint to plastic lights.

MyThunderbird014.png

Since you mentioned it, My wife's torch red has lots of added chrome. The previous owner put it on and actually for me it's overdone, but in his memory we are leaving it as is. It was his 'Baby' and what he would have wanted. Besides it would be very hard to take it off, risking paint damage and it does get a lot of positive comments.

My personal view, red is the tbird color that can pull off a lot of chrome more so than other colors, but yea he went a bit strong on it. The great thing about TBirds is you can go for the luxury visual style or sport visual style. Looks like he was going for the luxury style and went a bit on the overdone line. It still looks good, if I bought it that way, I would leave as is rather than ruining the paint taking it off like you mentioned.

My black bird, I'm going with the midnight theme. After doing extensive shopping, I landed on the TSW Silverstones black spoke. I hate losing the Thunderbird logo center cap, but I really don't like the factory mag. The silverstone is mostly black with a chrome lip for the rim ring. Just barely enough chrome accent, just like my black bird. They will be installed next week. Here's a photoshop I did.

MyThunderbird013.png

My neighbor came over while I was washing my bird, and I showed him this pic of the new wheels. He commented that my bird looks like a car Darth Vader would drive, lol.

Carro Pacific may be working,, I just went to the link and I clicked on ordering them and it took me to check out.. The site wasn’t working at all last year.... Try giving them a call and see if you get an answer on the other end of the phone #.. Let the folks know on here if you do get the bezels through Carro, It’s a far cry from what I paid last fall..

Carro Pacific may be working,, I just went to the link and I clicked on ordering them and it took me to check out.. The site wasn’t working at all last year.... Try giving them a call and see if you get an answer on the other end of the phone #.. Let the folks know on here if you do get the bezels through Carro, It’s a far cry from what I paid last fall..
I agree, they look identical to the more expensive ones,so it is worth following up on the pair for $70.00. Good luck.

I agree, they look identical to the more expensive ones,so it is worth following up on the pair for $70.00. Good luck.
He buys FEM parts from the Ford dealer for 719.00 or less and sells them for 1595.00, so wouldn't be surprised if the same isn't happening here, but unsure.

I tried buying them last month. Every time the purchase fails when you put in your payment info so no Nigerian Prince scam here, just a broken/outdated e-shop. I just pumped $330 into picking up a CAI for my last bolt-on upgrade and I already have the tuner to boot. So maybe I'll bite after my next paycheck at the end of June and I can recoup some of the cost via lawncare or part-time work on my off days, but it's still quite expensive for chrome plastic. At least Bond testifies to their longevity.

I tried buying them last month. Every time the purchase fails when you put in your payment info so no Nigerian Prince scam here, just a broken/outdated e-shop. The trim is on sale again via Thunderbird Specialties for $200 but idk man, maybe. I just pumped $330 into picking up a CAI for my last bolt-on upgrade and I already have the tuner to boot. So maybe I'll bite after my next paycheck at the end of June and I can recoup some of the cost via lawncare or part-time work on my off days, but it's still quite expensive for chrome plastic. At least Bond testifies to their longevity.
Be real careful if you make a purchase with Thunderbird Specialties. There has been to many problems and complaints about that seller with getting refunds or the item. Returning e mails or phone messages are not his specialties. If you dare to buy from him I suggest you use Pay Pal cause you are guaranteed your money back if things go sour.

I tried buying them last month. Every time the purchase fails when you put in your payment info so no Nigerian Prince scam here, just a broken/outdated e-shop. The trim is on sale again via Thunderbird Specialties for $200 but idk man, maybe. I just pumped $330 into picking up a CAI for my last bolt-on upgrade and I already have the tuner to boot. So maybe I'll bite after my next paycheck at the end of June and I can recoup some of the cost via lawncare or part-time work on my off days, but it's still quite expensive for chrome plastic. At least Bond testifies to their longevity.

Paypal definitely not working!

carro.jpg

People that are dishonest don't tend to use Paypal. Paypal takes the money back from the seller to cover that guarantee if they can!

For future reference, they don't have them anymore. I just texted the owner of the company.
Screenshot_20200618-164705_Messages.jpg

Seems like we could get these 3D printed, then plastic flash chromed? Especially if we got commitments for a large group purchase. Anyone have expertise in this area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back