CD/Radio problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Don Bailey

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
2005 Bird with intermittant problem with radio/CD switching to a MUTE status. Some days it happens constantly where one cannot listen. Sometimes it will go days without a problem. Mute is displayed on the radio display. Speakers seem to be fine--has anyone expierenced this problem and found a solution?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Ive had this happen to me several times but each time it was because I accidently hit the MUTE button on the steering wheel. It sounds like you have a more serious problem. I'd take it to a Ford dealer - they should be able to check to see if its a loose connection in the steering wheel or maybe the radio itself.

radio goes to mute

2005 Bird with intermittant problem with radio/CD switching to a MUTE status. Some days it happens constantly where one cannot listen. Sometimes it will go days without a problem. Mute is displayed on the radio display. Speakers seem to be fine--has anyone expierenced this problem and found a solution?

Wifes 04 bird recentlt started doing the same thing, that and the passener side blows heat in august (set @ 69 degrees).
If you find the resolution to the problem please share torque221@*********

Rich

torx:
You said "Wifes 04 bird passenger side blows heat in august (set @ 69 degrees). "

Use the search function above, lots of solutions posted there

Thanks Quickdraw, I didn't know that. He should join :cool:

Wifes 04 bird recentlt started doing the same thing, that and the passener side blows heat in august (set @ 69 degrees).
If you find the resolution to the problem please share torque221@*********

Rich

Rich: Did you resolve your heat issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back