broken soft top window 2004 Thunderbird

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

That window is tempered glass and is very tough and hard to break. Look for something sharp or pointed that may have come into contact with the glass. You can hit it with a hammer and it likely would not break, but a small chip from a pointed object will cause the glass failure. The glass is not expensive but having it attached to the soft top may be more difficult than a standard install. There are a number of used rag-tops on Ebay with the window for sale.

I purchased a new top from convertible top.com and installed myself. About $600 dropped at my door. The window is sealed in the canvas. It’s stapled from the last bow of the top to a tacking strip bolted at the bottom of the top. You have to like projects. Maybe 10hrs. Came out great.C1469FF9-61DA-450E-9D05-A8CF39B5F5A5.jpeg

Looks great! You 10 hours ---------------- me 50 hours:)

Well I thought it was 10 hours, my wife is with you though. She said it took me 20 hours!

Back