ATF for a 63 Bird

MikeNation

MikeNation

My BlackBird
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
anyone know how many qts of ATF a 63 Tbird uses when doing a complete flush? Also what ATF should i use?
Thanks in advance!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I'm assuming you mean transmission fluid. I don't know the amount; check your service manual. As for the type, I believe the literature says "Type A" which I guess was their designation at the time. Look for Type F; it's readily available in just about any auto parts store including the big chains. This is also what you should use for your power steering.

I'm assuming you mean transmission fluid. I don't know the amount; check your service manual. As for the type, I believe the literature says "Type A" which I guess was their designation at the time. Look for Type F; it's readily available in just about any auto parts store including the big chains. This is also what you should use for your power steering.

Got it, was not sure of the newer transmission fluids. I remember the old type F that is what i will get.
Thanks again.

Back