Are soft top hooks adjustable & Changing Rug- 1956

M

Mr. Bill

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
are the hooks adjustable on the soft top, not the ones that hook on the soft top to the part closest to the trunk but the hooks closest to each of the doors. One latch closes and the other one is too tuff to close the latch can the hooks be adjusted?
How difficult is it to change the rug in the 56 T bird? does the seat have to come out?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

You will get more responses if you use better subjects/titles. I updated for you.

are the hooks adjustable on the soft top, not the ones that hook on the soft top to the part closest to the trunk but the hooks closest to each of the doors. One latch closes and the other one is too tuff to close the latch can the hooks be adjusted?
How difficult is it to change the rug in the 56 T bird? does the seat have to come out?
Yes the hook is threade into the latch. The latches at the front of the top also adjust. I suggest you buy a shop manual. good luck, J.

Yes, the 2 side hooks are adjustable (they have a set screw that needs to be loosened first) as are the ones over the windshield and the ones near the trunk . they are all adjustable. Not sure about you having to take your seat out, which is not hard to do. I took mine out when I change the rug, but you may not have to - see if the old one is under the seat feet.
Good luck,

Back