An eternal question about scrounging parts

Ward 57

Ward 57

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I used to scrounge junk yards a lot in my 20's & 30's. One thing I noticed is that the spare tire & jack were always missing, even when buying a used car it was the same along with no owner's manual in the glove box. Why is that? It seems universal but I don't understand. Any car I have ever owned I kept the manual in the glove box and any service receipts in a file.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Never noticed about the being jack missing, but your right about the owners manual. Maybe cleaning out the car prior to scrapping, people just threw everything away

Never noticed about the being jack missing, but your right about the owners manual. Maybe cleaning out the car prior to scrapping, people just threw everything away
Well even that, any used car I ever bought never had the owner's manual. I guess used car dealers throw out any documentation the previous owner left with the car to not fill up their files or leave any evidence of the previous owner.

I used to scrounge junk yards a lot in my 20's & 30's. One thing I noticed is that the spare tire & jack were always missing, even when buying a used car it was the same along with no owner's manual in the glove box. Why is that? It seems universal but I don't understand. Any car I have ever owned I kept the manual in the glove box and any service receipts in a file.
Since no model year was specified, I assume this isn't a Thunderbird question and has been moved to the off topic forum.

Back