alternator installation 62 bird

S

screw up

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
How would a person install a alternator with built in regulator in a 62 bird? will be putting 351w and c6 trans in it.

Can we assume the Big Block FE motor is missing or dead? Not sure why you'd want a small block in there, but I guess if you have one laying around it makes sense. Might even be easier working under the hood with the smaller motor. Do you NOT have all of the 351 (distributor/ignition etc) parts?

How would a person install a alternator with built in regulator in a 62 bird? will be putting 351w and c6 trans in it.
Quite easy to do, once you’ve mounted the alternator you need to remove the regulator. Basically wire the battery and main fuse box feed together and link to the alternator + output. The charge warning can also be extended and connected to the alternator. There’s more info on this site if you search.

Can we assume the Big Block FE motor is missing or dead? Not sure why you'd want a small block in there, but I guess if you have one laying around it makes sense. Might even be easier working under the hood with the smaller motor. Do you NOT have all of the 351 (distributor/ignition etc) parts?
It was fuel injected, yes I have the dist. it was a complete motor.

Back