Aftermarket shift knobs 2002

Deputy JJG

Deputy JJG

The RAVEN @ Big Lake, Texas
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Has anyone changed their shift knob to an aftermarket one? Did it function properly? JJG

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

No such part exists. Unfortunately they did not make many 2002-2005 Thunderbirds, as a result there was not much interest from aftermarket companies to make quality aftermarket parts.

No such part exists. Unfortunately they did not make many 2002-2005 Thunderbirds, as a result there was not much interest from aftermarket companies to make quality aftermarket parts.
Thanks. I just think the red knob is gaudy.

Thanks. I just think the red knob is gaudy.
I found a faux wood grain shift knob on eBay that is supposed to be a direct replacement (still have to install it). In the meantime, check out these potential options:

- Black T

I found a faux wood grain shift knob on eBay that is supposed to be a direct replacement (still have to install it). In the meantime, check out these potential options:

- Black T
Two of these are "universal" solutions and will look terrible. The other one ships from Hong Kong so make sure you save the original shifter when the replacement breaks.

Back