After over 8 months 2002 is back on the road

S

SonofaTbird

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Thankful for the forum to research and chase solutions. Both the dash unit and the ecm were sent in for repair. However, after quite a long struggle we found the solution. A local mechanic that can fix these cars and keep them running well. If you are any where near Kansas City you can trust and find excellent care from Jonny Hayes at Metro Ford. Seriously, this car sat from March until now, most of that time at another Ford dealership. When we finally gave up and had the car towed to Jonny and the team at Metro they had another Baby bird in for repair with similar issues. Both Birds are back our there enjoying the few days of comfortable convertible weather in the Midwest.

Thankful for the forum to research and chase solutions. Both the dash unit and the ecm were sent in for repair. However, after quite a long struggle we found the solution. A local mechanic that can fix these cars and keep them running well. If you are any where near Kansas City you can trust and find excellent care from Jonny Hayes at Metro Ford. Seriously, this car sat from March until now, most of that time at another Ford dealership. When we finally gave up and had the car towed to Jonny and the team at Metro they had another Baby bird in for repair with similar issues. Both Birds are back our there enjoying the few days of comfortable convertible weather in the Midwest.
I certainly am pleased for you.
Can you share what some of the problems were.

SonoaTbird,

Please provide details on the symptoms, diagnosis, and most important, how was it that Metro Ford was able to complete repairs while the other Ford dealership could not? Thank you! - BLACK T

Ford dealership capabilites vary widely - I could tell you stories.
Curious when you say the "dash unit" was sent out for repairs; that's a big deal and I had to fix my own dash cluster because I couldn't find a single company that worked on them (2002( and used replacements require reprogramming which my Ford dealer also doesn not do.

Back