97 Thunderbird LX V8 P0155 and P0161

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
L
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi everyone, the check engine light recently came on my car and found codes P0155 and P0161, O2 heater circuit codes for both sensors on bank 2. I disconnected each sensor to test and measured around 25 ohms resistance on each sensor. I decided to replace the sensors anyway even though I thought it was somewhat odd for both sensors to go bad at the same time. After I replaced the sensors, the same two codes came back. So I went back at the connector, and I have 12 volts on the power wire but I do not have ground on the heater ground wire.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the O2 sensors for the 4.6 Thunderbird? Do these sensors receive ground from the ECM?

Hi everyone, the check engine light recently came on my car and found codes P0155 and P0161, O2 heater circuit codes for both sensors on bank 2. I disconnected each sensor to test and measured around 25 ohms resistance on each sensor. I decided to replace the sensors anyway even though I thought it was somewhat odd for both sensors to go bad at the same time. After I replaced the sensors, the same two codes came back. So I went back at the connector, and I have 12 volts on the power wire but I do not have ground on the heater ground wire.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the O2 sensors for the 4.6 Thunderbird? Do these sensors receive ground from the ECM?

Yes, PCM pin 93 controls ground for HO2S1, pin 94 HO2S2, pin 95 HO2S3, pin 96 HO2S4, pin 97 HO2S4. There is another connector C168 where all four wires pass through; under hood passenger side near firewall, 12 pins gray color..

Back