'94 Automatic Transmission Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
K
Last seen
Well, at least the fluid is still pink!!! So it sounds like a electrical problem.

Its a 94' v6 3.8L automatic Transmission. This is the problem, when driving; every once in awhile the transmission will slip into neutral or something. Only sometimes afterI stop at a stop light or sign the car just rev's. vroom vroom but NO GO.

Before when the problem started happening I could just drop it into neutral, then back into drive and it would go just fine. Now I must run the shifter through all the gears a bunch of times to get it to work. REVERSE has always worked...

I put the code reader on it and got a TOT sensor problem. So we replaced that. We tested all the resistances in the MLP sensor and they are correct, but the problem is intermittent.

The code reader doesn't read any more codes.

Any Ideas?!?!?

I think it has something to do with the torque converter ciloniod or the EPV (electronic pressure control valve) or the connection between these parts and the computer, or possibly the computer itself... I doubt its the computer though.

Hmm.. Anyone know anything about these parts???

Thanks.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back