93 SC questions, new to thunderbirds

A

Avengedsoul99

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello all, I'm new to the thunderbird scene as I recently bought a 93 SC 5 speed. It came with some problems that if possible I need answered. The car has obviously had a hard life and I'm hoping to nurse it back to the beast it once was.
1. The oil gauge stays below normal and fluctuates from time to time, should I start with the sensor or possibly look toward a oil pump change?
2. I had it running today and took the oil cap off and it sounded like I was opening up a bottle of pop, it was sucking alot of air, what would be the cause for This?
I have more but il start here, thanks for any input!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi I've got an Army of SC's you might wanna make sure that the supercharger has plenty of oil check it there is a hex nut between the snout and main body can't miss make sure you use the correct size hex bit it will strip easily be careful if that is ok then you might wanna check out Supercoupe club of America (SCCOA.com) and check the forums and you might as well join since you have a SC so you can have access to all of the site otherwise you will be limited to what you can do on the site I'll answer what I can for you I know these cars fairly well I've got 5 as we speak had 8 but had to make room and sell off 3 of them and have rebuilt and restored 2 1/2 of these monsters but I have not heard of one doing what your's is doing oh and for a oil pump change dude you're asking for a crap load of work I mean a crap load I myself would exhaust every other possible avenue first trust me to remove the oil pan you'll have to take down the front sub-frame of the car no joke dude so look everywhere else before that

Back