92 3.8 Driver side motor mount

Stangzilla
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
So I started noticing pain hitting the gas to accelerate relatively hard I hear a clunking noise at first I thought it was my upper control arm bushings but after putting it on a lift and sitting in the car while I held the break and drive and hit the gas I had someone under the rear of the car to take a look. I had the hood open and while I was doing that I noticed the left side of the motor was lifting up quite a bit meaning that the motor mount is broken on that side. My question is is how much of a pain is it to change that motor mount. If it's like everything else in my life my luck I probably have to pull the motor to do it.?! Someone please tell me otherwise..!? Thank you for any and all help in advance..

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

So I started noticing pain hitting the gas to accelerate relatively hard I hear a clunking noise at first I thought it was my upper control arm bushings but after putting it on a lift and sitting in the car while I held the break and drive and hit the gas I had someone under the rear of the car to take a look. I had the hood open and while I was doing that I noticed the left side of the motor was lifting up quite a bit meaning that the motor mount is broken on that side. My question is is how much of a pain is it to change that motor mount. If it's like everything else in my life my luck I probably have to pull the motor to do it.?! Someone please tell me otherwise..!? Thank you for any and all help in advance..
Hey it's not that bad your gonna have to pull the exhaust manifold to get to the top not of they mount the go under the car and remove the the bolt and nut holding the mount to the frame allot of taking things if to get to it but it's fairly easy

I hope you got my reply couldn't tell if it went through but remove the exhaust manifold to get to the top nut on the mount then go under the car an remove the bolt and nut holding the mount to the frame and it's out

Back