89SC swap to a 91 3.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
K
Last seen
Hey im new here i just a got a 91 tbird with low miles for cheap its got a 3.8L auto tranny but im looking at a 89 parts car its got a supercharger and a 5spd every thing works but the cars a piece of crap so i want to take the super charger of and swap it on my car and the tranny i know how hard its gonna be to make it a five spd with all the clutch conponents but how about the supercharger what kinda of work am i looking at can and should it be done hoping theres some one thats done it before and can help me what am i changin on it other than the supercharger like the computer and stuff.

Thanks Ken

You're asking a lot. The SC 3.8 was special built for the supercharger.

You'd be better off taking EVERYTHING from the donar car. You'll also need the computer, all the sensors, wiring harness, exhaust, etc.

It can be done....but quite a time consuming job.

The best way to get a SC, is to sell your bird ang get a SC Tbird.
As Gearhead99 said, the entire engine is different, just looks the same outside. If you put a supercharger in a stock N/A car, you will sure blow at least the head gaskets.

There's a how-to article for the tranny swap at www.********* if you want to take a look.

The SC bird also has a different interior, better seats, stiffer suspension springs and sway bars, electrohydraulic shocks, and also the crankshaft and other stuff designed to handle high speeds.

Way too much hazzle and a lot of trouble IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back