78 Town Landau Fuse Questions

dexteradams

dexteradams

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello, I'm new here and just bought a 1978 Town Landau. I need some help finding the fuse panel.I have looked at several manuals and on-line and am having no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Earl

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Look under and around the drivers side, under the steering wheel. Sometimes its on the outside panel after you open the doors.

sometimes behind the kick panel (could be on either side, passenger or driver). There should be an access door that you can pop open to get at the fuses.

sometimes behind the kick panel (could be on either side, passenger or driver). There should be an access door that you can pop open to get at the fuses.
Thanks for your input, but no access panels anywhere on kick panels or th lower dash. It feels like the main wiring bundle goes to behind the lower dash to the left of the steering wheel. However that panel runs the entire width of the dash and doesn't look easy to remove.

I'm absolutely 100% certain that the manufacturers would not make access to the fuses that difficult. If you don't easily see an access panel or even just see the fuse box by looking up under the dash (usually on the drivers side) try looking in the glove compartment. Some manufacturers sometines put a power block with fuses out under the hood but I wouldn't think your Thunderbird would be like that. I cannot tell you for certain where the fuse box is located. None of my manuals are as new as 1978.

Take the glove box out completely. The fuse box may be behind it. Don't just look inside the globe box. Take the glove box off. Keep looking there is zero change they hid the fuse box making it this hard to find it.

Take the glove box out completely. The fuse box may be behind it. Don't just look inside the globe box. Take the glove box off. Keep looking there is zero change they hid the fuse box making it this hard to find it.
I would think that if it is behind the glove box there would be a removable access cover to get at the fuse box. Like you said "they wouldn't make it that hard to find".

I would think that if it is behind the glove box there would be a removable access cover to get at the fuse box. Like you said "they wouldn't make it that hard to find".
My 69 Tbird requires the glove box to be removed to access the fuse panel. Not really hard. 2 screws and it pops right out. Though it may be different on a 78. I am just spit-balling here so I dunno really.

My 69 Tbird requires the glove box to be removed to access the fuse panel. Not really hard. 2 screws and it pops right out. Though it may be different on a 78. I am just spit-balling here so I dunno really.
I believe it's under dash on drivers side up high, but can see it from floor/front seat/ foot area, get a flashlight!

I believe it's under dash on drivers side up high, but can see it from floor/front seat/ foot area, get a flashlight!
Thanks to all for your help. the fuse box was under the dash near the steering wheel but up near the firewall. Also solved the issue with the power drivers seat, seems that someone unplugged the cable from the control switches.

Back