71 turn signal questions

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
B

Blackbird71

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Greetings to all. I am new to the Forum and am have two issues regarding my turn signals.

1. I can not locate the turn signal flasher. I have located and replaced the Emergency flasher.

2. Previous owner converted sequential turn signals to single flash and I am interested in going back to sequential. Any suggestions as to which device I should use for this. I was wondering if the sequential modules for the newer Mustangs could be used (same number of lights).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1971 model used probably what mine does with the solid state controller in the trunk and a special designed flasher can in the dash behind the glove box. This flasher can was specifically designed for the solid state sequential turn signals. Check your trunk first for the controller. It’s a black plastic box up in the back. It could just be something simple as the flasher can being replaced with the wrong one. It’s an easy mistake to make. A parts store would sell you a flasher can, but newer ones made are not compatible with the sequenical turn signals. If a modern one was used you would get a solid flash instead of the sequenical blink. However the special flasher can is no longer made. So your only choice now is to get that new kit. It has the proper flasher for your system. Check behind your glove box for the flasher can and see what it is.

You could try searching around. I was able to source an original flasher can for the sequenical system. I bought a few Just I case I needed spares

Are all 3 of your taillights on either side flashing at once? Or, just the inner bulb....

Back