66 Tbird steering wheel

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
M
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Can I assume I'm missing a spring that goes in between the two? When I bought it the car had an after market steering wheel on it. Luckily he kept the original steering wheel.

Attachments

• 20190507_102615.jpg
    20190507_102615.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
I did that but it didn't seem to snug. I'll fiddle with it again. Thanks.
I tend to think you may be right in the thought that there maybe should be spring there. When you put it together without a spring didn't the horn start blowing? Or can you push the plate, there in the column, to actuate the horn? I've been trying to find a diagram showing a breakdown of your specific steering column but have not yet had any luck.

I tend to think you may be right in the thought that there maybe should be spring there. When you put it together without a spring didn't the horn start blowing? Or can you push the plate, there in the column, to actuate the horn? I've been trying to find a diagram showing a breakdown of your specific steering column but have not yet had any luck.

The horn didn't blow when I put it in. I activate the horn with the sides of the wheel. I think a spring would keep a small amount of tension on it and keep it snug. Thanks for looking though. I appreciate it.

Back