64 tbird gas filler pipe removal

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Remove the four screws. Grab the pipe and twist and pull hard. It’s in there only with the o-ring. Firm, strong pull will get it out. Good luck.

Added the word "Removal" to your subject.

I'm replacing the gas tank a nd wondering how to get the old filler pipe out. The service manual isn't to clear on this. Any help is great. Thanks, Larry.
Larry, I would strongly suggest replacing that O-Ring after you twist and pull that filler pipe off. I replaced my gas tank and put that filler backing, not knowing from being so old and not as elastic it would fail. When I started filling my 64 T-bird all the way up with gas, the fumes and gas was running through that area of the filler pipe. The o-ring got twisted and wasn't doing it's job after 50 some years. Have a Super DAY!! Dan (Forest Hill, Md.)

To all, thanks for the help. I'm replacing the tank and will put in a new o ring in the tank. Thanks again, Larry.

Back