64 ford transmission dipstick length

L

larry tbird

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello all: I bought a64 bird about a year ago, the motor is from a 69 390 out of a truck. My question is about the transmission. It has no dipstick. The dipstick tube is very long and I believe is also out of the same truck. So any ideas of what the length of this dipstick is? Thanks to all ahead of time, Larry.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

We don't have a lot to go on here. You said the motor is from a 69 (F-150 I assume?) truck, and so is the dipstick. But what about the transmission? If it's a transmission for a 64 Thunderbird, simply locate a new dipstick from another 64 Thunderbird. If it's a transmission from a 69 F-150, find a dipstick from a 69 F-150. Is the dipstick TUBE also missing? If so, what's in its place? If, after all is said and done, the dipstick and tube are too tall for the hood to close, I suppose the next solution here would be to shorten the tube, and the stick, by the same amount, and scribe new lines onto the stick in the appropriate places (by measuring how much you cut off).

We don't have a lot to go on here. You said the motor is from a 69 (F-150 I assume?) truck, and so is the dipstick. But what about the transmission? If it's a transmission for a 64 Thunderbird, simply locate a new dipstick from another 64 Thunderbird. If it's a transmission from a 69 F-150, find a dipstick from a 69 F-150. Is the dipstick TUBE also missing? If so, what's in its place? If, after all is said and done, the dipstick and tube are too tall for the hood to close, I suppose the next solution here would be to shorten the tube, and the stick, by the same amount, and scribe new lines onto the stick in the appropriate places (by measuring how much you cut off).
gary, thanks for the reply. i'll try to make this clear. the motor in my 64 bird is a 390 from a 1969 ford truck . the trans dipstick is missing. I don't know if the trans is from the truck or the original 64 390 motor. the dipstick tube is in place and measures about 3 feet long. I have a orginal 64 trans dipstick but is way to short. hope this is clearer, larry.

Back