64 Convertible top not operating efficiently

• Thread starter Alabama Thunder Chicken
  • Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
A

Alabama Thunder Chicken

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello, I just purchased a 64 Tbird convertible and I’m having problems getting the top to operate efficiently. The trunk will open but the folding part is sluggish to open all the way and since it won’t open completely I can’t get the roof to retract and fold down into the compartment. Can you offer any suggestions and also what would be the best manual to get on this vehicle. Thanks.

Hello, I just purchased a 64 Tbird convertible and I’m having problems getting the top to operate efficiently. The trunk will open but the folding part is sluggish to open all the way and since it won’t open completely I can’t get the roof to retract and fold down into the compartment. Can you offer any suggestions and also what would be the best manual to get on this vehicle. Thanks.
I was able to purchase a cd contained all the shop manuals including the convertabke tip from the birds nest. Has excelent exploded pictures and parts lists. Assists with diagnosing all issues.

Back