62 Vacuum pipes and lines

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Hadderz

Hadderz

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi does any one know where the two vacuum lines go from the cannister off the inner fender go? One is larger than the other so presume one is the engine feed? I've a broken small vacuum pipe sticking out of the bulk head above the heater core but not sure if this did go to the tank cannister?
Currently I've a 'T' fitting on the manifold which feeds the servo and the transmission, cannot see any other take off's?
Thanks in advance Andy

Hi does any one know where the two vacuum lines go from the cannister off the inner fender go? One is larger than the other so presume one is the engine feed? I've a broken small vacuum pipe sticking out of the bulk head above the heater core but not sure if this did go to the tank cannister?
Currently I've a 'T' fitting on the manifold which feeds the servo and the transmission, cannot see any other take off's?
Thanks in advance Andy
Get yourself a repair manual for that car. It has the vacuum diagrams and everything that explains it . GOOD LUCK

Get yourself a repair manual for that car. It has the vacuum diagrams and everything that explains it . GOOD LUCK
Hi got one which showed the engine vacuum lines / booster but couldn't find the diagram which showed the expansion tank to heater box. Maybe I've missed it as its a re-printed version and the photos look like bad photo copies so loose the detail.

I checked my 67 and the big one goes back and attaches to another one going through the firewall under the steering column

I checked my 67 and the big one goes back and attaches to another one going through the firewall under the steering column
Thanks, looked like the larger one came from the manifold on this 62 via a non return (I think), I have the remains of a small pipe sticking out of the firewall suggesting this was the connection but of the diagrams I've seen or tried to see! Cannot tell. I'll check under the dash by the steering to see if theres any signs. Thanks for your info!

Where mine goes through the firewall there's a piece of plastic sticking out of the firewall where that hose coming from the canister attaches

Where mine goes through the firewall there's a piece of plastic sticking out of the firewall where that hose coming from the canister attaches
Ok must be a splitter or maybe a non return fitting. I’ll check the spares books.
Thanks again!

Back