62 thunderbird disc brake conversion

M

Marquette88

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I'm doing a disc brake conversion from a kit I bought on classicdiscbrakes.com and upgraded to get the kit that goes with the stock wheels. when installing them everything goes in fine except the calipers, which rub. I want to keep original wheels because I have mint condition hubcaps for them. Does anybody know how to get around this problem or know 15" wheels that my hubcaps will still work for? I've already called the company, but it is currently after hours.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I'm doing a disc brake conversion from a kit I bought on classicdiscbrakes.com and upgraded to get the kit that goes with the stock wheels. when installing them everything goes in fine except the calipers, which rub. I want to keep original wheels because I have mint condition hubcaps for them. Does anybody know how to get around this problem or know 15" wheels that my hubcaps will still work for? I've already called the company, but it is currently after hours.
I put this kit on my 64 with the stock 15 inch wheels. Calipers fit just fine. Make sure you have all the correct spacers installed, I had to get some sent to me.

On my 61 convertible, using the same system, required .25 inch spaces on 4 wheels.
Mine convertible has stock 14 inch wire wheels.

On my 61 convertible, using the same system, required .25 inch spaces on 4 wheels.
Mine convertible has stock 14 inch wire wheels.
I tried putting on .25 inch spacers, but calipers still hit. Moved up to 1/2 inch spacers and calipers barely clear, and they hit everytime the wheel turns. Lug nuts are hanging by about 3 threads. Maybe brakes were installed incorrectly?

I tried putting on .25 inch spacers, but calipers still hit. Moved up to 1/2 inch spacers and calipers barely clear, and they hit everytime the wheel turns. Lug nuts are hanging by about 3 threads. Maybe brakes were installed incorrectly?
Try 84/86 ford Ranger rims . They have disk brakes and bolt pattern the same

Back