61 what is this? Party of transmission linkage?

Z28johnny
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I had to put on another carb I had. The one that's been sitting on it while it sat is half glued shut. I'm going to work on rebuilding it.

In the mean time, this plate wouldn't screw to the corner of the new carb. What is this? I don't see it in the pictures in my manual.

Thank you,
Johnny

Attachments

• 20200707_113639.jpg
    20200707_113639.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I don"t think it belongs there. It dosn''t Look like anything I've seen before.

Lol... that's what i was wondering. Here's a better pic. I took it off for now. The plate fit the original carb perfectly and it ran off vacuum (i plugged the line) and had two wires going to it (i tapped then off for now).

It had to have a purpose. This car has factory ac, could it go to that?

Attachments

• 20200707_125426.jpg
    20200707_125426.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Here's a picture of it before on the original carb. It's parallel to the throttle cable.

Attachments

• 20200701_141332.jpg
    20200701_141332.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
It look like old school dash pod that raises idle when the ac is on see if one of the wires gets power when the ac is turned on if so then when the ac is on it will hold vaccine to tase isle and when ac is turned off the vaccine will bless off

It look like old school dash pod that raises idle when the ac is on see if one of the wires gets power when the ac is turned on if so then when the ac is on it will hold vaccine to tase isle and when ac is turned off the vaccine will bless off

You are correct as it will hold a higher idle when the air conditioner is on.It is also adjustable so that it will not idle too high an rpm.

Sooo -- Is this original equipment or after market?

Back