'57 Production Numbers by color

dickday0

dickday0

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Has anyone ever seen how many of each color was produced for each year? I always thought the majority of Tbirds were black (no idea why). Now that I look at the pictures of gatherings, I see very few black Tbirds.

Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Has anyone ever seen how many of each color was produced for each year? I always thought the majority of Tbirds were black (no idea why). Now that I look at the pictures of gatherings, I see very few black Tbirds.

Thanks

There are no factory records of the number of cars produced by color, just the total production of 16,155 for 1955. Originally the T-Bird was only available in Thunderbird Blue (T), Torch Red (R) and Raven Black (A). In mid-year of production two more colors were added: Snowshoe White (E) and Goldenrod Yellow (V). The earliest known date for the Snowshoe White Thunderbird was February 1955 and the earliest known date for the Goldenrod Yellow Thunderbird was April 1955.

Doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Back