57 front brake line

valhalla 4771

valhalla 4771

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
The brake line connection at the front wheel is kinda awkward to get a wrench on. Is there a special tool or should I be able to manage with your plain vanilla 5/8" open end?

The brake line connection at the front wheel is kinda awkward to get a wrench on. Is there a special tool or should I be able to manage with your plain vanilla 5/8" open end?
Use flare nut wrenches. They wont strip brass fittings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm installing the new front brake lines. Should there be a copper gasket at the connection at the front wheel? My parts manual shows one, but there was not one when I took off the old lines.

I'm installing the new front brake lines. Should there be a copper gasket at the connection at the front wheel? My parts manual shows one, but there was not one when I took off the old lines.
If you mean where the front brake hoses connect to the wheel cylinders, yes there should be a copper sealing washer. The washer needs to be minimum .062" thick in order to seal off at the wheel cylinder before the fitting bottoms out on the cone inside the wheel cylinder.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Back