56 Leaf Spring Bolts removal

T
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
1956 T-Bird
Hello Everyone, I have an issue with removing the large leaf spring bolt. It seems to be rusted in completely. We tried, Hummers, torches and drilling through the bolts. Nothing. Any ideas or parts, which will help?
Thanks, Tom
Email: weights2000@*********

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hello Everyone! I have an issue with removing the large leaf spring bolt. It seems to be rusted in completely. We tried, Hummers, torches and drilling through the bolts. Nothing. Any ideas or parts, which will help?
Thanks, Tom
Email: weights2000@*********

We tried that too. The bolt and sleeve are all rusted into the frame.

use Merrick acid with a plastic eye dropper around the bolts, let set for a few minuets flush with water then use a ball ping hammer to break the rust/corrosion....

They are almost always rusted in-place. I soaked it with PB Blaster for a week before I started trying to break them loose. I sprayed each day. Then when it was time to start removal I would work at it for a bit then spray some more. I just kept at it and eventually I got them out. When I went back together I put some anti-seize in the holes.

Back