1955 shay replica wanted

looking4abird

looking4abird

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
none
I’m looking for a 55 t-bird replica that is ready to hit the road! If you have one you are considering selling, or have any leads, I’d be appreciative.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I am looking to buy a shay replica thunderbird

I am searching for a 1955 Shay Thunderbird. I would love to find one with a 302 automatic but I am interested in any of the Shay's you may have just sitting in your garage looking for a new home. Thanks everyone...sclaw

I am searching for a 1955 Shay Thunderbird. I would love to find one with a 302 automatic but I am interested in any of the Shay's you may have just sitting in your garage looking for a new home. Thanks everyone...sclaw
They reportedly only made about 200. The odds of finding one are not good. Someone post this one a while back and disappeared but there is good information in the thread.

Someone also posted this recently- https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum.com/threads/1957-value.13418/

Last edited:
I know all about the Shays. I have one of the roadsters and I HAD one of the Thunderbirds but I let it go (like a fool). That is why I am looking for another one. There were only 200 Shay Thunderbird ever built and they were made to order. I am a member of the International Shay Owners Association.....Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
No that is not a Shay. Harry Shay only built 1955 Thunderbirds for the 25th anniversary of the 1955 Ford Thunderbird. This is a 1957 that has had a LOT of changes made to it. I don't know if this one is worth restoring or not....Steve

I know all about the Shays. I have one of the roadsters and I HAD one of the Thunderbirds but I let it go (like a fool). That is why I am looking for another one. There were only 200 Shay Thunderbird ever built and they were made to order. I am a member of the International Shay Owners Association.....Steve
Could I get a link to sign up for this association? I have a 1955 Shay TBird looking to restore. It has been hard to find help. Thank you

Back