460 oil pans.

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
dstiebs1

dstiebs1

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi: I need to find a 7 or 8qt pan for a 1978 T-Bird with a BB 460 that will fit. Has anyone done this and want to share with me what pan they used. I have a 351w in it now and building a 545 Stroker that will replace it. The 78 does not list a 460 for that year. Thanks. Dave.

Hi: I need to find a 7 or 8qt pan for a 1978 T-Bird with a BB 460 that will fit. Has anyone done this and want to share with me what pan they used. I have a 351w in it now and building a 545 Stroker that will replace it. The 78 does not list a 460 for that year. Thanks. Dave.

Simple the 1972-76 Torino/Montego 429/460 pan is the correct one your looking for 7-8 qt might have been available aftermarket for same. Hope that helps!!!

Simple the 1972-76 Torino/Montego 429/460 pan is the correct one your looking for 7-8 qt might have been available aftermarket for same. Hope that helps!!!
Hi Don: Thanks for the info. Now, would that be a front sump or rear sump. Thanks, Dave.

Should be front sump, I don't see anyway a rear sump would work with the front suspension cross member being where it is.

Back