2005 Wheel Noise

• Thread starter Jackie’s ride
  • Start date
Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
J

Jackie’s ride

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Took the “goldie” out on the freeway to blow it out his morning. Moving along about 80 and started to hear strange new noise. Finally figured out that when ever I would hit little dips in the road the tires would hit and rub on, I guess the wheel wells . Never noticed this before but haven’t been at that speed in about a year. Everything fine at lower speeds around town. I have no idea if it is from the front or rear but would new shocks help?

Took the “goldie” out on the freeway to blow it out his morning. Moving along about 80 and started to hear strange new noise. Finally figured out that when ever I would hit little dips in the road the tires would hit and rub on, I guess the wheel wells . Never noticed this before but haven’t been at that speed in about a year. Everything fine at lower speeds around town. I have no idea if it is from the front or rear but would new shocks help?

Bring it in to a tire shop and get the shocks inspected and tires checked for excess ware also check the pitch of the tires.

Please confirm that the bushings etc. Are ok.

Bill

ASAP

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated your title "new noise" is too vauge. Also include your model year on future posts i added that as well.

Back