2005 unknown button on dash

C
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
The switch to the left of the traction control. Not sure what it does, can anyone help?

IMG_0328.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

It's not factory so maybe a set of aftermarket driving lights ?

Last edited by a moderator:
IDK but, that is a nice installation of a carefully selected, aesthetically pleasing switch that matches the other controls.
Often people add an aftermarket burglar alarm, "real" fog lights, or add a switch to cutoff parasitic drains, radio/clock, etc..
I've even seen them added when a wiper switch or horn switch failed (to pass inspection). I;ve even seen such switches added for LED lights on the car's frame (I know. Ugh!)
Turn on every light, option, system, radio, map lights, trunk light etc in the car with the engine running and wipers moving and A/C on and turn it OFF and see what stops working. Short of that, as mentoned, trace the wires.

The switch to the left of the traction control. Not sure what it does, can anyone help?

View attachment 19321
I have a switch exactly like it on my 2003 T-Bird. On my car it is the aftermarket “auto start” power switch. i had an auto start controlled by the key fob. This switch turns it off to keep it from draining the battery in garage mode.

Back