2005 T-bird Air Conditioner Drain

J

jessieh3527

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Can anyone tell me where the drain hose comes out on a 2005 T-Bird. I have a musty smell, and the air conditioner has very little drainage. What I am seeing might be leaking through the body. If I can find the hose, I will blow out any blockage and try to get the water flowing out.

Thanks.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Can anyone tell me where the drain hose comes out on a 2005 T-Bird. I have a musty smell, and the air conditioner has very little drainage. What I am seeing might be leaking through the body. If I can find the hose, I will blow out any blockage and try to get the water flowing out.

Thanks.

Use the search page on this forum only, for a term like AC drain. Here is one result- https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum.com/threads/03-tbird-ac-evaporator-drain.4012/

Brenda:
First of all WELCOME to the Forum

There have been other owners questioned this as well, and an answer from a Ford dealer service adviser said:
"The ac drain is on the right side center above the bell housing then runs down to the right floor board.
We had a customer who bought back early 02 every time they stopped at a light saw steam from under the hood and heard a sizzel. Turns out the factory failed to install drain from the evaporator correctly."

Hope this helps you. By the way, if it's not hot/humid out you may not get trhat much condensation. It may depend on where you ar in the US.
Thank you for the reply. I will try to look for it again. It is very humid here in Louisville, plus, the window will steam up on a restart and I have a damp musty smell.

I do have a small amount of drippage, but it seems to be coming from between the body and thin heat shield, about 1/4 way back the door, over the Cat Converter

Back