2005 Battery Disconnect- Now No Radio

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Ronaldo

Ronaldo

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Howdy.
Disconnected battery cable (red, easiest one to get to) because I was leaving the country for 3 weeks. Now fired up and no radio or clock display. I know that the car has to go through several drive cycles before it resets but the radio too? Checked the fuses. All seem OK

Howdy.
Disconnected battery cable (red, easiest one to get to) because I was leaving the country for 3 weeks. Now fired up and no radio or clock display. I know that the car has to go through several drive cycles before it resets but the radio too? Checked the fuses. All seem OK

Please add the model year of your car in the subject on future posts. I've added this for you.

Strongly suggest you check fuse F4 .01 in the battery junction box. It is a 15 amp fuse & I believe as you stand & look down into the junction box this fuse is in the top left corner.
This fuse powers up the electronic hidden Antenna Module.
Let me know, please if this fuse is the problem. Thanks

Thank you kindly for your response. I have checked that fuse (location 1 in the rear power dist box) and it is OK. The 05 owners manual says that location 1 is for the Rear Electronic Module, REM, and it is 15 amp.
I cannot find any fuse designated for the antenna module. In fact, I have checked all fuses in the rear power dist box/battery junction box and the passenger footwell box and there are no blown fuses. This is a mystery and I'm going to put the car thru some more drive cycles and hope my radio comes back. I was watching a You Tube video on how to remove the radio and they had something strange happen with the A/C when they removed the radio. They disconnected the battery a couple of times and went thru drive cycles and it cleared.
Thanks again

Turns out that a board fried inside. Can't understand why. But I was offered a refurbed unit for $500. So I got it.

Back