2005 Airbag inflated going over bump, airbag replacement

Tiotaco

Tiotaco

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I had spontaneous activation of left side seat airbag. How do I get light off. Can't find ford parts, dealer says no new seats available. I will re-uphoster, but want light to go away.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Please add the model year to the subject/title on future posts. I added this for you.

What light are you saying went off. Did the seat bag inflate? What year is your car? I don't think I have a left side air bag light in my 02

What light are you saying went off. Did the seat bag inflate? What year is your car? I don't think I have a left side air bag light in my 02
It's 2005, airbag spontaneously inflated when I hit bump. No damage to car.It's driver side airbag

You are going to have to get a left seat airbag from a wrecked 05 Bird, or possible have to
buy the complete seat. Have seen many T Bird's wrecked on eBay, and Autotrader.

Not sure on a Ford but can’t imagine the concept would be all that much different. I worked for MB for many years and they all had crash sensors, that is what trips the bag (some have more than one) I would imagine your going to need a code reader to know which sensor was set off. If I’m reading your post correctly you only had the lt seat bag deploy without impact so I would guess it’s that sensor. Where you driving this when it happened or what occurred these sort of things don’t just pop without some type of issue. Anyways back to the question till you fix the sensor and bag both I don’t believe you’ll rid yourself of the light.

Believe the crash sensor for the left side is under carpet between drivers seat
and door jamb.

Wow, I'll just say what I bet many are thinking. That would have scared the daylights out of me. Our cars are getting older, is there a point where the airbags need to be replaced with new ones (and if so, where to find specific ones for 2002-05 Thunderbirds)?

You can still find a NEW (new old stock) Driver's Side air bag assembly here:
/https://www.***********************...-driver-side-air-bag-3w6z76611d11aa-last-nos/
I personally wouldn't take a chance on a used air bag ... too risky and you don't know what you're getting
Are you also the owner of the linked website?

Back