2004 tbird chrome trim replacement

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Good question. I got the 2 mint side pieces from a wrecker and am retaining them for now

I do need to replace them as chrome is lifting a bit on current side pieces . I was told to use a glass installation place to do the job.

Any ideas appreciated

I just got done replacing the center and right piece, really not that big of a deal if you are somewhat handy. Each piece is screwed at the end on the out side, and each has two nuts on the inside. Pull off the plastic trim inside (held on by clips and comes off fairly easily) and you will see the two screw holes for each piece of trim with a nut on each. You need a long socket (can't remember size, I think 5/16) to get to the nuts. Then take out the phillips screws on the outside, and one press in plastic hold down. The side pieces have to come off before you can take off center piece.

The biggest pain was to find the pieces and pay the price, about $160 apiece.

Took my 2004 to glass shop and they charged a twenty to replace both right and left side pieces. Best twenty spent and only took a few minutes with no damage to the car.

Please reserve comments for the posters in the original threads:
http://www.fordthunderbirdforum.com/forum...hield+surround
http://www.fordthunderbirdforum.com/forum...012#post622012

http://www.fordthunderbirdforum.com/forums/showt...

Good question. I got the 2 mint side pieces from a wrecker and am retaining them for now

I do need to replace them as chrome is lifting a bit on current side pieces . I was told to use a glass installation place to do the job.

Any ideas appreciated
Took my 2004 to glass shop and they charged a twenty to replace both right and left side pieces. Best twenty spent and only took a few minutes with no damage to the car.

I just got done replacing the center and right piece, really not that big of a deal if you are somewhat handy. Each piece is screwed at the end on the out side, and each has two nuts on the inside. Pull off the plastic trim inside (held on by clips and comes off fairly easily) and you will see the two screw holes for each piece of trim with a nut on each. You need a long socket (can't remember size, I think 5/16) to get to the nuts. Then take out the phillips screws on the outside, and one press in plastic hold down. The side pieces have to come off before you can take off center piece.

The biggest pain was to find the pieces and pay the price, about $160 apiece.

Thanks. Hope we can get it done. We just have to replace center piece. I don't have the two side ones.

Any ideas appreciated
I need a left one if you end up with a good used. Thx,

The chrome windshield trim is bubbling, cracking and peeling off. I'm in New York and I understand that in cold weather areas this would be the cause of it. Anywhere I can get replacements? Thanks.

I resently bought a 2002 Tbird with the windshield chrome bubbling. After reading blogs on line, it seems to be a major problem that repeats every few years. I bought a top, and left (drivers side ) replacement parts on ebay that were more money then I expected. Around $325 for both. It wasn't that hard to remove the interior trim, they pull off just squeeze and pull. They are held on by tabs with clips that pop into holes in the A pillers. Use a deep socket with a short extension while holding a magnet ( I used a magnetic pick up tool) against the extension to hold the nut in the socket so you don't drop it. The top piece is no problem. 2 retaining nuts on each molding. They also have a tab like the interior trims.

Back