2004 RedBird with rare A/C problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dino

Dino

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello, new in the forum. Recently bought a 2004 torch red/white hardtop TBird with 47k miles on it. Last week air conditioning from driver side flows really hot. Curiously not from the passenger side. Can’t say is cool but isn’t hot as the air from driver side. I tried diferent air flows settings but still flowing very hot air from driver side and “fresh” air from the passenger side.
Under the hood all seems to be ok. I heard an see the compressor working when turning the A/C on, belt is ok too.
Someone has had this problem? Need help with this.

Hello, new in the forum. Recently bought a 2004 torch red/white hardtop TBird with 47k miles on it. Last week air conditioning from driver side flows really hot. Curiously not from the passenger side. Can’t say is cool but isn’t hot as the air from driver side. I tried diferent air flows settings but still flowing very hot air from driver side and “fresh” air from the passenger side.
Under the hood all seems to be ok. I heard an see the compressor working when turning the A/C on, belt is ok too.
Someone has had this problem? Need help with this.
I'm having the same issue on my 2005. I ordered a control panel hoping that would remedy it. The part arrives tomorrow. It was 65.00 on Ebay

I'm having the same issue on my 2005. I ordered a control panel hoping that would remedy it. The part arrives tomorrow. It was 65.00 on Ebay
Good to know. I will be able to work on it next week. Hope you can resolve it with the new control panel. Tx

I had that problem with my 2003 Tbird. Would blow cool from the driver's side and hot on on passengers side. Turned out that the dual zone climate control valve was bad on the one side. Sounds like the problem you're having. hope this helps point you in the right direction

I had that problem with my 2003 Tbird. Would blow cool from the driver's side and hot on on passengers side. Turned out that the dual zone climate control valve was bad on the one side. Sounds like the problem you're having. hope this helps point you in the right direction

I just replaced the ac/heater control panel yesterday on my 05.....all is good

Dino, please give us the link where you found the part. Bookmarking all parts sources for future needs. Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back