2004 Fog Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
R
Last seen
Does anyone know how to set the fog lights so they only come on with the light switch on a 2004? I have seen some Birds that the lilghts are not always on. My light switch does have the optionfor fog lights but does not work. The lights are always on when the lights are on. I would like to be able to switch them off.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

They are called "Auxilary (or Supplemental) Parking Lights...not Fog Lights. The "always on" feature is a mod that someone has done as many of us have. Without seeing it, it is impossible to tell how they modified it. The stock configuration controls power to the lights thru the light switch and fuse F103 in the Aux Junction Box (aka...fuse box under hood on passenger side).
However, a common mod approach is to change the circuit so that it is hot anytime the ignition is on. That is often done with a jumper from fuse F105 over to F103 in the AJB. That is part 1 of the mod. Part 2 is to ground the lights somewhere near the lights. To change it back to stock, you need to remove the ground wire and return the fuse arrangement back to stock.
The wiring on our birds uses a reverse ground arrangement so if you are not familiar with that situation, you may need some help. Real simple to do if you are savy with the wiring setup.

I want to add the parking lights. Where is the best place to rob the power for these lights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back