2004 Drivers side mirror popped off

Pcrpete

Pcrpete

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Drivers side mirror of my 2004 fell off, fortunately onto the lawn. Not cracked, but I can't snap it back on. I also tried super sticky double sided tape, no success
Anyone have this issue?
If so, I'd appreciate your thoughts about how to reattach it
Thanks!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Drivers side mirror of my 2004 fell off, fortunately onto the lawn. Not cracked, but I can't snap it back on. I also tried super sticky double sided tape, no success
Anyone have this issue?
If so, I'd appreciate your thoughts about how to reattach it
Thanks!
I have a 2005 Thunderbird and the passenger side mirror fell off. My mirror broke so I need to buy a new one. Just wondering what you ended up doing.
How did you get yours back together?
Please let me know. Thanks

Broke the PAX side mirror off after tagging a large trash can with it...it was that or let the nitwit who crossed the centerline ruin my evening. I used the link above for the mirror replacement but had to glue the cowling onto the stem and mount. That was 2 years ago and a few trips through the carwash without any problems. JB WELD is the product I used to reassemble the housing.

I have a 2005 Thunderbird and the passenger side mirror fell off. My mirror broke so I need to buy a new one. Just wondering what you ended up doing.
How did you get yours back together?
Please let me know. Thanks
Ultimately, after a few tries of DIY, brought it to For dealer, they ordered a new mirror, glass only, and installed it. Works fine

In my years of working in auto collision repair, all the mirror glasses that I removed or installed always snapped in, maybe a bail type clip was also used

In my years of working in auto collision repair, all the mirror glasses that I removed or installed always snapped in, maybe a bail type clip was also used
The pins on the back of the mirror were damaged, so it wouldn't snap in and seat right
Got the new original replacement from Ford, snapped on, no issues since

The pins on the back of the mirror were damaged, so it wouldn't snap in and seat right
Got the new original replacement from Ford, snapped on, no issues since
Any trick to snapping it on? I’ve had to order a replacement as well (left side spontaneously fell off, numerous clips broken). Don’t want to break anything else trying to force the replacement on the wrong way ?. Thank you.

Any trick to snapping it on? I’ve had to order a replacement as well (left side spontaneously fell off, numerous clips broken). Don’t want to break anything else trying to force the replacement on the wrong way ?. Thank you.
My passenger side mirror felled off and some of the plastic tabs broke off, while the new replacement arrived I decided to use clear silicone and glue it together.
Well the new one arrived and is still in the box, that was 3 months ago.

Back