2004 Alarm malfunction

T

Tylerboy

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
2004 Thunderbird, Has anyone experienced the alarm going off and will not shut off unless car is running. The Ford garage have had it for two days looking for a short or connection in the steering wheel. They could not find anything that would cause the alarm(horn) to malfunction, put it back together and they say all is well (but no reason for the problem).
Any one in T-Bird land have such an experience?
Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Tylerboy

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Please include the model year of your car in the title/subject on future posts. I added for you.

What is the red light in the top center of your dash doing during this time.
My T Bird did this a time or two when my battery was going bad.

You may want to take a look at your battery. Same happened to me just this week. The car was sitting for several weeks, with some single-digit days. Battery was struggling, and the alarm kept going off. Used an external battery to start the car. Drove for about 15 minutes, to recharge the battery, problem solved. If you're not in a cold climate, your battery may be reaching the end of its life cycle.

Thanks guys! The Ford garage had the bird for 2 days, $224. bill and could not find anything wrong. I did not drive the car for appx 3 weeks and the alarm went off then. Thanks again for the help, have not had any problems since, keeping my fingers crossed.
Tylerboy

Back