2003 tbird premium package wisper white body and hard top with wheeled stand.black cloth top and int

T
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
never driven in winter always garaged. driven on weekends.26,000 miles new tires with under 2,000 miles.asking $29,000. one of 470 built.

whisper white body and hard top,black int.and soft top. 26,000 mi. never driven in winter. new tires with approx. 1k mi. allways garaged, driven on week ends. 1 of 470 built. asking $27,000.00. contact tom at ************.

Price is always verified by the buyer.. It just may take longer or perhaps a lot longer.... Hope you get it BlubyouU

Yes the price is always what the buyer is willing to pay, can't disagree with that. What I am trying to convey here is that the Whisper White is soon to be 17-18 yrs old and the 2002-05 Birds are no where ready to be considered a classic, if they ever will be, so in my opinion I think the asking price is too high. That said I would offer the suggestion to put this very same car at the very same price up for sale in the Spring not the winter months. Spring time brings out lots of buyers, especially those interested in a convertible after a long grey cold wet winter.

Way over priced for a 2002 or 2003, the only years the Whisper White was offered.

Way overpriced is an understatement, Kelly Blue Book Private Party value is $13,799 average and 14,967 high end.

2003Tbird.jpg

hello tbirders,happy new year,as owner of a 03 bird for sale I appreciate some of the comments here.i guess im a little thin skinned.yes I listed in dec. and the price at $27,000. is negotiable. I don't intend to disrespect ,just putting it out there. tom

No I don't think you are thin skinned. I think you are or were in love with your 03 and that is the value you have put on this vehicle. After all you have probably enjoyed this car very much.
I hope for you that you do find a buyer at your asking price. This may not happen until Spring when auto buyers think about sunshine, open road cruises & the like.
Good luck & best wishes for the new year.

Is it safe to say every car has a price more or less.. I bought our ‘02 with 16.5 k miles from a dealer two years ago for $19,500.. Right now my price on it would be $25,000 and even then I would have to think about it.. We really enjoy ours and at this point, the best entertainment and blood pressure medicine around even when it’s sitting in winter storage.. Now unless a sweet and very clean 57 or 66 came along, well that may be motivation..

Wisper white body and hard top with wheeled dolly. Black int. and soft top. 26,000 mi. Never driven in winter,allways garaged. New tires with approx.1k miles. driven on week ends. 1 of 470 built. Asking $26,000.00 negotiable. Contact Tom at ************

Whisper White body and hard top with dolly. Black int. and soft top. 26,000 mi. Never driven in winter, Allways garaged. New tires with approx. 1k mi. driven on week ends 1 of 470 built. asking $26,000.00 negotiable. contact Tom at ************.

whisper white ext. and hard top. black leather int. and soft top. allways garaged never driven in winter. 27,xxx miles. new tires about 2k miles ago. one of 470 built. lowered price to $20,000.00 negotiable call tom,at- ************.

whisper white ext. and hard top. black leather int. and soft top. allways garaged never driven in winter. 27,xxx miles. new tires about 2k miles ago. one of 470 built. lowered price to $20,000.00 negotiable call tom,at- ************.
So, did you ever sell it? Would you be open to revealing the sale price?

So, did you ever sell it?
It's hard to sell a car when you believe it is worth well over market value! When I was in my 20s, this was the crappy part of the job. People bringing in trade-ins acting like it had been owned and driven by a celebrity or had gold hidden in the car in secret panels.
There's one with only 5k miles that bidding ends today. Curious what it brings! Those always sell for top dollar when they come to market.

I bought our ‘02 with 16.5 k miles from a dealer two years ago for $19,500.. Right now my price on it would be $25,000 and even then I would have to think about it.
Not sure the point of this post. It's a car, not a family heirloom. It has a value determined by the market, not the owner's love of the car. I sold cars when I was in my 20s. It's funny how this mindset only applies to the person's trade-in but they wanted below wholesale for what they were buying. LOL

Not sure the point of this post. It's a car, not a family heirloom.

INHO When you buy or own a car like this, or something like a Vette, Mustang, TR6, RR, Mopar Muscle, or even a Model A or T, I think in some cases the car is a heirlooms in the mind of the owner... We love our car no mater how much it cost us.. Finding the right buyer who feels the same way, at that time, about that particular car is the huge challenge.. I think of our 11th gen Birds, Ford did such a great job at making it a retro looking car, I think as owners, we sometimes believe we can add an extra 45-50 year on the age of the car making it an instant classic with out the (headaches?).

Finding the right buyer who feels the same way, at that time, about that particular car is the huge challenge.

Another way to phrase this. :) Finding the right buyer sucker who feels the same way, will overpay for a car they can easily find for less money elsewhere.

As you can see, here we are almost 2 years later, the car continues to depreciate, and the asking price has dropped 9 grand. This auction that ends in a few hours will solidify everything I've said. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-ford-thunderbird-42/ That car will bring the absolutely top dollar amount you can expect, it's like buying a dealership demonstrator car. It was a one owner car until this year!

Sometimes the truth hurts, but I want this guy to be able to sell his car, and not sit on it for years with false hopes of someone paying thousands over book value.

Another way to phrase this. :) Finding the right buyer sucker who feels the same way, will overpay for a car they can easily find for less money elsewhere.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-ford-thunderbird-42/ That car will bring the absolutely top dollar amount you can expect, it's like buying a dealership demonstrator car. It was a one owner car until this year!

Current bid at $13.8 K with 5,000 miles, man that is a buy.. If I was looking for a 2nd one, and had the extra money, and if I had another garage space I would be all over it.. I would of tagged this at $20,000+ I still think a car like this put away for about 10-20 years will appreciate.. A very low mileage, very clean car will always find someone who will fall in love with it and will have the resources to buy it..

Current bid at $13.8 K with 5,000 miles, man that is a buy.. If I was looking for a 2nd one, and had the extra money, and if I had another garage space I would be all over it.. I would of tagged this at $20,000+ I still think a car like this put away for about 10-20 years will appreciate.. A very low mileage, very clean car will always find someone who will fall in love with it and will have the resources to buy it..
It will bring 20-21 more than likely.

Back