2003 plastic interior header panel installation

F

Florida_Phil

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
I just changed the exterior chrome reveals on my 2003 Thunderbird. All went well except I can't seem to get the black plastic interior header panel to sit flush. There are two arrow shaped posts in the header near each end that look like they are there to hold the header in place, but the holes in the plastic grill where the arrows plug into have no metal clips. The other four holes have clips. Am I missing parts?
header.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Looks like you reassembled wrong the pillar trim is first you need to slide the two hooks in the dash panel then push the pillar trim in the clips to secure then add the small upper trim pieces after both sides are done the upper header panel snaps back in place , don’t forget to reconnect the wires first

Looks like you reassembled wrong the pillar trim is first you need to slide the two hooks in the dash panel then push the pillar trim in the clips to secure then add the small upper trim pieces after both sides are done the upper header panel snaps back in place , don’t forget to reconnect the wires first
Thanks for the reply. I will pull the pieces back down and see what's going on. Can you please post a photo of your upperheader panel in it's proper position?

hope this helps

Attachments

• header.jpg
    header.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 18
I pulled off all the black plastic interior panels and started over. It seems these panels are somewhat tricky to align. All is well now. Thanks for your help!

Back